Trivia is one of Australia’s favourite pastimes! Try your skill with these questions. Answers are at the bottom of the post.
1. What 2013 movie is now the fifth highest grossing film (and highest grossing animated film) of all time?
2. What animal featured on the Australian 2-cent coin?
3. How many albums did Slim Dusty record?
4. Which actor died shortly after starring as The Joker in the film, The Dark Knight?
5. How many “Cs” denote the value of a diamond? (Bonus question: can you name the “Cs”?)
6. When did Hawthorn last win a premiership?
7. What are the names of the Blues Brothers?
8. Which movie won the Oscar for Best Picture in 2000?
9. What is the chemical symbol for lead?
10. What name is given to a female swan?
11. What angle is formed by the hands of a clock at 4 o’clock?
12. Which city was the capital of Australia from 1901 to 1927?
13. Who is Homer Simpson’s boss?
14. In which year was Queen Elizabeth II’s coronation held?
15. What is the square root of 16?
How did you do? Show off your knowledge at our trivia night on the first and second Thursdays of the month!
2. Frilled neck lizard
4. Heath Ledger
5. 4 (Cut, clarity, colour, and carat)
7. Jake and Elwood
10. A pen
11. 120 degrees
13. Montgomery Burns
Watch out for our Trivia & Quiz Nights!